Membership of the South London Botanical Institute is open to all who have an interest in the plant kingdom.
It was the firm belief of our founder, Allan Octavian Hume, that all people, irrespective of social background, should enjoy the opportunity to learn about plants.
The Institute has a diverse membership, including amateur and professional botanists, gardeners, artists, photographers, ecologists, writers, campaigners and others who have an urge to learn more about plants.
Membership offers the following benefits:
- Use of facilities during opening hours – botanic garden, library, herbarium and microscopes
- Advance notice of educational courses, lectures, botanical field trips and other events, with discounts on some courses
- Receipt of our twice yearly publication, the SLBI Gazette, to which members may submit articles reflecting their own varied botanical interests
- Up to 10 packets of seeds from our annual Seed List of seeds collected from the SLBI and members
- Some member-only events
Our Gazettes are currently posted out to all members. To see an example of a recent Gazette, please click here, or view our special issue, Lockdown Gazette June 2020
- Join online (Paypal or credit/debit card): Please use the form on the right of this page.
- Join by post (cheque or bank transfer) Fill in and return our Membership Form 2020
If you have any queries about joining please contact us.
Why not give a year’s membership or a workshop as a gift?
Fill out our Gift Membership Form, email or post it to us, and we will do the rest.